Red Sash Syllabus
Red sash 1:
1) The wing chun stance. (Gee Kim Yeung Ma)
- You will need to open and close your wing chun stance. This must be done 3 times and will have to demonstrate balance, structure and correct positioning and control. Want to know more about The wing chun stance? Find out here at Master Kwoks website.
Points to Note
- Keep your head up and look forward at all times.
- Keep your movements slow and controled.
- Don't bounce up and down when going into Stance.
- Don't rotate your hips to far forward. This will cause you to lean back and create a weak structure.
2) Sil lim tao part 1.
- When instructed to start, open your wing chun stance (Gee Kim Yeung Ma) and sit into your stance making sure your legs are locked in place and you make a strong rooted connection with the ground. Proceed to perform the first section of the first form (Sil Lim Tau) in a controlled manner making sure you keep at one steady pace with clear and decisive movements
3) Punching sets 1,2,3,4,5.
4) Stepping punches moving forward and backwards.
5) Centreline punches to opponent.