Red Sash Syllabus
Red sash 1:
- You will need to open and close your wing chun stance. This must be done 3 times and will have to demonstrate balance, structure and correct positioning and control. Want to know more about The wing chun stance? Find out here at Master Kwoks website.
- Keep your head up and look forward at all times.
- Keep your movements slow and controled.
- Don't bounce up and down when going into Stance.
- Don't rotate your hips to far forward. This will cause you to lean back and create a weak structure.
- When instructed to start, open your wing chun stance (Gee Kim Yeung Ma) and sit into your stance making sure your legs are locked in place and you make a strong rooted connection with the ground. Proceed to perform the first section of the first form (Sil Lim Tau) in a controlled manner making sure you keep at one steady pace with clear and decisive movements